How to draw an arc with a specific arc length?
There are some methods that seem to allow you define an arc length. For example; start, center, length. But this is defining the chord length, not the arch length.
Calculating the angle using simple mathematics calculation, comparing the arch radius and arch length. After you get the angle value, then you can draw it. But it is not easy!
A better solution is drawing the arch, then modify it using LENGTHEN command. Lengthen command allows you to define the object total length, including an arch. Select the total length option, then type the distance you want.
A better solution is drawing the arch, then modify it using LENGTHEN command. Lengthen command allows you to define the object total length, including an arch. Select the total lengthoption, then type the distance you want.
Now if you try to inquiry or see the arc properties, you will see the arch has the exact length I wanted.
Related tutorial video:
- Status bar related setting 00:23
- Line command 00:33
- Polar 00:39
- Edit objects + grips 00:56
- Grips System variable 00:56
- Use grips to edit objects 00:56
- Properties command 01:16
- Display and change the properties of objects 01:16
- Linetype command 01:26
- -Linetype command 01:26
- Control Line Scale 01:26
- Color command 01:33
- Change the color of an object 01:33
- Set the current color 01:33
- Polyline command 02:00
- Fillet command 02:40
- Draw Rectangles and Polygons 03:01
- Revcloud command 03:10
- Donut command 03:14
- Draw Donuts 03:14
- Edit objects + grips 03:23
- Grips System variable 03:23
- Use grips to edit objects 03:23
- ARC command 03:54
- How to draw an arc with specific arc length 03:54
- Circle command 04:42
- Concentric circle command 04:54
- Properties command 05:54
- Mirror command 05:16
Above video sources from TUTORIAL - GETTING STARTED WITH GSTARCAD, enrol now for free.